This semester we have master’s qualifying exam from March 27 to March 30.
Please, find the attached file.
Here is a guideline for Master’s Qualifying Exam.
<< How to take the exam >>
- Each applicant presents their thesis proposal for 15 minutes.
(7 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for question and answer, 3 minutes for clearing the table)
2. Before the presentation, students need to fill out the qualifying exam report form with personal information and thesis topic and deliver it to your supervisor.
3. All applicants should submit their thesis proposal before their presentation.
(Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org a day before your presentation.
If you don’t submit your proposal, you are considered giving up.)
4. Exchange students must submit their proposal to supervisor and referees until March 29.
5. Professors need to submit the result to IDAS office within 3 days.
<< Evaluation >>
- There is a distinctive good idea, commercially viable or genuinely helping somebody.
- This idea has a focus and can successfully lead to a piece of product design
- The end result is likely to provide an opportunity to demonstrate his/her all rounded design skills and competence
- Likelihood to form part of an interesting portfolio leading to a job or an impressive academic record for further study.
<< Result >>
- You will succeed in the exam if you satisfy more than 2 committee members with your proposal.
- Regardless of the result, you should develop your thesis and submit the result to your supervisor till the end of semester.
- Then you could receive the credits for “Thesis Research I”. In case of failing the qualifying exam, you could receive the credits for “Thesis Research I.”
- If you have guest professor as your committee members, you should contact him/her directly to attend the qualifying exam